Friday, February 18, 2011

Mobile Phone Price Comparing with Google Shopper

Lately I have had a few people ask me: How do some shoppers do price comparison shopping from their phones? So I decided to fire up my Flip Camcorder and quickly demonstrate how to get Internet prices for a book using my iPhone and Google's FREE Google Shopper application that I downloaded from iTunes AppStore. The video below has no audio to keep it short and not bore everyone to death. :).


Basically what I am doing is using my iPhone's camera to scan the barcode on the back of the book.


Google Shopper then finds the book image and details and shows it to me on my phone. When I click on the book image Google Shopper than gives me a listing of various websites that sell the book along with their pricing and ratings. This will also work for many other products as well. Happy shopping!

Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment