Thursday, February 17, 2011

Google Places is this a bug or new change?

Wow! I go to review a client's Google Places listing and what do I see?

Google Places Listing - click to enlarge
The listing is missing their business name and in its place is the address in big bold letters. I then checked a lot of other Google Place listings, including my own, and all had the same thing.

Is this a temporary bug? Or, is this Google starting to tweak Google Places to remove the possibility of stuffing geo-targeted keyword phrases in their Google Place Name field? (I see a lot of Google Place listings with keywords stuffed in business name field which Google says is a violation of their guidelines.)

UPDATE: It must have been a bug because I see Google has now corrected the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment